Motorcycling is dangerous, and by participating in this day you do take certain risks and are exposed to dangers. This is how we ask you to minimise these dangers;
Covid – 19 Safety
- If you have any concerns about being in contact with someone who has had Covid – 19, or think that you might have it, please stay home.
- Coach, riders and any spectators must maintain a one metre physical distancing rule when helmets are off.
- Coaching is subject to change depending on the governments decision on Level 2.
- Riders and coach will keep gloves on where possible.
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant will be provided and used where needed by the coach.
- Gear, including motorbikes, can not be borrowed without firstly being disinfected.
- Broxy will keep a list of all attendees for contact tracing.
- Spectators on the track must be careful – Anyone who enters the track area needs to take extreme care of oncoming bikes at all times. Children need the guidance of an adult.
- DO NOT speed or ride dangerously when off the track (walking speed only), NO RIDING off the track unless approved by a coach, going to pit area or track entrance.
- Must wear a helmet if moving on two wheeled motorbike at all times, in pits or on track, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All competitors must wear appropriate safety gear / apparel. It is compulsory to wear at ALL TIMES when riding your bike; helmet, protective boots, long pants. We recommend gloves, riding shirt, body armour, knee guards and goggles.
- NO PASSING lead rider during practice until they pull off, NO JUMPING on these laps.
- No deliberate contact between riders – Keep the riding clean/no dangerous passing. If you are holding up another rider let them pass you but DO NOT swerve, keep to your line.
- Track ENTRY and EXIT points – STOP and CHECK for oncoming traffic when entering the track, carefully pull off to exit side when exiting.
- DO NOT stop on track – Use track exit when finished riding unless protecting a crashed/injured rider from oncoming traffic or being stopped by the designated coach.
- Ride track in correct direction at all times – Do not turn around on the track. If you are unsure, carefully pull off to the side of track, then stop and wait for another rider that knows what direction to ride in.
- Respect the property, put rubbish in bins or ask staff for a rubbish bag.
- All participants are responsible for the safe keeping of their property.
- Adhere to the rules – All competitors must observe and obey track rules stipulated at the riders briefing unless instructed by Coach, or disciplinary actions will be taken.
- You have declared any medical conditions for us to be aware of. If there is anything you have not told us that in any way could be relevant to your performance on this course, please come and talk to me after this briefing.
- Notify your coach before leaving a coaching session, they need to know where each rider is.
- DO NOT follow other riders too close – especially over jumps or other obstacles you don’t have good vision over the other side of.
Emergency Medical Staff
- See Peter Broxholme for any first aid requirements, or if a rider seems to be injured on the track, or any major concerns. If he is unavailable, there is safety equipment under the back seat of Broxy’s van.
- If another rider has an accident your first priority is to make sure other riders will not hit the injured rider or their bike.
- When oncoming traffic has been diverted and you have a safe space, check the injured rider and seek help.
- Do not move an injured rider until advised.
- When help is on the scene and no longer need your assistance please make your way back to the pit area.
- DO NOT stop on track when there is a crash – ALWAYS pull off to stop unless protecting a rider on the ground from oncoming traffic.
- Drink lots of water
- Food available
- Wash hands before meals
- Take appropriate rest breaks during the day. If at any time you feel ill / tired / in pain please advise me immediately and we will decide how to proceed.
- Please refrain from smoking within a 20 meter radius of any vehicles, bikes or fuel, and please no smoking if there is a fire ban or dry conditions.
- We operate a workplace free of impairment from drugs and alcohol. Drugs and alcohol are prohibited during the day at all of our coaching sessions and camps.